Thursday, August 18, 2011

Keep It Small


I never said this style is safe. It's really dangerous in the hand of reckless and emotional trader. After making 38k in one day, I had to lose around $2.5k. Just ordinary day of a trader. Biggest mistakes I made was today. My autoclick trigger the buy AUD/USD after bad unexpected Philly Fed Data. I blindly looked at forexfactory that the bad number means bad for currency aka. US$....WHAT AM I THINKING !!! First I should stay on EUR/JPY and second, US Bad economic means bad for high yield currency. Oh well... bailed out without thinking...

But the beauty of the method is: You almost completely remove the emotional reaction. I can't do anything except waiting for another momentum chance. Nothing I can do. Unlike the old me who wanted to get back the losing....Nah...won't happening. A good things is my subconscious mind also helped me on track. The expensive broker I used need 5 pips moved to breakeven on major. So my brain kept telling me it's idiot beyond limit to trade-revenge on expensive broker.

Even I am now the dark-side trader, exploiting holes on broker's a$, the discipline should be there even more important now. I AM NOW PROUDLY PRONOUNCED MYSELF :

2 comments:

  1. but isn't it part of your method? give it back some in order to make it looks normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well cory, I mean looked like to give some. In fact I hedged my position to other brokers.

    Give some deliberately? No way my friend...

    ReplyDelete