Sunday, November 20, 2011

Next Phase

It's been great year for me. I managed to profit from the brokers, not market. Since it's been slowed down for news trader, I decided to watch US market again especially for day trader.

It doesn't mean that I will do the old trade anymore. It's been more than 6 months for me not trading the market daily. And I've been doing great. But I really had many spare time to learn the original trade and I realized one thing: Patience is Virtue.

There's nothing wrong with my old pattern or whatsoever. The problem is you don't need to trade every day. And since I trade other's people money and I had less attachment with the equity, I've been doing great.

My focus is still on news trader, and for secondary work I'll also watch the US Futures Index like S&P or TF. And I found couple things that important:

1. VIX is great indicator. Low reading VIX means playing limit order. Limit order means buying low sell high, preferably long. High reading VIX means playing breakout or stop order and preferably short.

2. News is important. Not meaning to interpret the news but to blend with other markets player. Not care for news is false. You can anticipate and understand why market not moving or move so erratic so you prepare.

3. No need to trade every day. As day trader, you don't need to trade everyday. Like low VIX reading means there'llbe lot of choppy in market. Not suitable for breakout trading and also prferable no trade at all.

Since now I managed OPM which is grow nicely, I will learn one thing or two for regular trading. Not going back, just hey, learning new things is always have benfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment