Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Why Swing Trade the Harmonic Pattern Make Sense Part 1

I have been focusing with Harmonic Pattern for a while now with good result. You can google Harmonic Pattern to know more about it. This is not another education trading post like millions similar posts out there.

The last 11 years I have been trading the market with ups and downs. From 2011 up until now I only exploit broker weakness to make money. It is not the real trader did but it works so no complaint. But weakness can be fixed. I have been out of market for a while because fewer and fewer brokers can be cheated. So in the last couple months I dig trading forums to find the best trading style that really match with my personality.

First exploration I looked for sentiment trading. My trading based is the news and economic events. Analyzing the anticipating economic calendar, key person speech, forecast, Trump, etc. And it's really work. I think that's how big banks do. Problem is it doesn't have systematic trading method that I need. Where is the TP and SL? What price I enter? Everything are discretionary trade and sometimes impulse trade. I know it doesn't suits my trading style. Yes, it is very profitable if you can enter early and then ride the sentiment. But doing it manually is very exhausting and labor worked. Right now I am developing an auto trade with keyword at headline news. Still in very early phase but I think it may work.

Next stop was Pivotal Trading. Another method that really really great. Quite complex but very profitable. And I will use it for confirmation with my current trading style. Pivot trading alone can be very profitable but it have weakness. Actually no weakness in pivot trading. The weakness is with the retail trader. It is very popular threads at forex forum and more and more retail trader use it. It is free and the results is incredible. It's like a Holy Grail of trading and all good things may come to an end.

I believe if so many traders doing the same thing, sooner or later it will become the prey of algo trading and big boy. I know it is just my opinion. Retail traders always become the lowest food chain in market. If we gather at same place all the time, the predator will notice then eat us alive. It is in human nature that no technique is save for a long term. The profit also can be diminished since everybody take profit at the same spot. So while it is still good I don't think it will last for a long time. It will work again when weak traders leave this method.

Last thing is Harmonic Pattern. It is a whole new perspective of trading. I have a very different perspective of Harmonic Pattern. Others maybe thing it is just another technical analysis that using fibonacci and waves to enter the trade. It is not.

Let me share my insight of this technique....

( to be continued... )

     


No comments:

Post a Comment