Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rebuild The Trading Structure

I was up and down on my trading career. I always looking for the answer. Why is that happened? Here's some of my finding fact, and it's really really important.

1. Profit from Indiscipline
This is the worst trap for traders. At first you trade discipline and have profit. And of course there'll days when discipline won't pay. You start to wonder why the trading setup won't work anymore, break discipline a little and make profit! Break a little more and more profit!!! This was good, until time come and your indiscipline collect the accumulution of Indiscipline profit sometimes with interest!!!

Breaking the discipline is not just about careless entry but also early profit taking and of course let the losses run. There'll time when you regret not taking the profit and become losses. I experienced it all.

2. Having a Bias
Trade what I see is all I need to become a sucessful trader. Bias is a dangerous even if you're right most of the time. All I need is not having a bias but having experience. That's very different things.

Third weeks I made a vicious cycle again, so I will start trading something that I am not familiar with. It's to prevent me having a bias. It's ES!

I also will reduce my capital so I can only trade 2 contracts maximum. The ES journey will start on Monday. The next step is trading currency with mini lot but I have to find a new broker for that. Oanda is on my top list due to tight spread. I chose mini lot to make a bigger swing and avoid choppiness which I got on the last 5 market days with Currrency Futures.

So here I am, a new journey to ES trading, the most difficult but also the most liquid Futures Contract in the world.

Wish me luck, see you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment