Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Result


Back in he sadle. Should waiting longer for CL but I traded according to plan, except for JPY I bailed out earlier and CAD was a human error.

I couldn't see signal on TF so let it be.

Summary : After a decent profit of $300 on London session, I was ready to have a maximum drawdown at -$200 today ($500 max losses - $300 profit).
And it gave me peace of mind. I just trade with no fear of giving the profit back. I lowered my BE when the CL went 20cent (usually I just bailed out there and have a nice $400 profit).
This time, I took my plan accordingly and reap bigger-than-usual profit.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on track. Such a mental game. Keep up the great trading. And quick question for you. How much leverage do u use on the Cl ($ per contract traded). Just wondering. Going to go live trading here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq CC
    My initial margin for ES = $3250
    I trade 1 contract per $10000. So if I got stopped out for $100 that's around 1% of my capital.

    It's not importanct about the leverage. It's more important how much % per trade do you want to risk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that. Agree. That is where I need to start. Makes taking the trades mentally easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tq RCM, wish u great trades too :)

    ReplyDelete