Tuesday, July 13, 2010

6 Months as a Full Time Day Trader

Flash backed when I was an employee, I was an administration finance supervisor. A good position for most of people. I lived in a country where most of the people's dream is having a decent job till they're retired and die peacefully. Sometimes they have passion in their life to life with to the fullest, pursuing their dream but after was offered with a good job or promotion, they dumped their dream. One of retiree from my ex-company wrote a poem how he's being 'fallen asleep' and at the retirement day he felt so empty that he forgot to pursued the mountain because of pretty beautiful butterfly around him. Honestly, I will be more prosperous if I was still at the company.

I was not happy. I worked at noon, trading at night. I did this for two years. I did foul things when I was working. I was not fulfilled. And when I was offered to resign with a decent compensation, I took it. Now I am a full time trader. Up and down most of the month. But luckily I wasn't wiped out. I trade defensively, learn lot of things and become a better trader nowadays. I am not a supertrader who achieved $1000+ per day yet. Now,I am more happy these days. Sometimes I got bored but it's normal in everything we do.

At first, my motivation was to show every people I knew that I am a successful trader. But I think it may atrract more problem when they want any freebies from my knowledge. I am not stinky, but if somebody want to get rich quick. I can't help, like all of them think that's what I do right now. Trading is not my final destination. Trading may provide me freedom and more time to do what I want unlike any other job or career. And of course, when the time come, my gain from trading will surpass every single people I knew in that company. Right now, I just trade defensively and improving at every single minute.

2 comments:

  1. De'Trader,

    Sometimes, being successful and be a celebrity may attract some 'un-necessary' fame and people start asking for advise - for FREE.

    ^_< and it eventually taken up your trading hour.

    I wish you can reach your 'final destination' your objective in trading very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ayumi,
    Wish you reach your dream too :)

    ReplyDelete