Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Inspirational Story

When I was kid, I read a manga titled "Kenji". It's about an adventure of young boy who learnt various kung fu and become a master himself.

One of the side story told about a young man which is fat and often scolded by his friends. He want to learn kung fu to gain respect from others. His teacher saw him not a very bright kid and only gave him one simple kung fu moves. He instructed to do only that move. No other kung fu move he learnt. He practiced days and nights and years, just repeat the move over and over again. Repeat it only this move. Until one day he was challenged by a kung fu expert, one who often bullied him. The fat kid accepted and he defeated his opponent very fast, with only this simple move. The audience shocked and plaused his victory. While his teacher smiled in the distance to see his student now become a champion.

I trade the market with only one move. Wedges over and over again repeatedly. I improved and mastered this move day and night, backtest, optimized, to become my single deadly weapon on any given market. This move alone can generate to multiple strategies, entry, exit, money management. I don't use any other technique right now. And this move alone give me good profit and great risk-reward ratio. This move consists of single wedge, expanding wedge, double wedge, triple wedge, border wedge, flat wedge,etc. The market will fight me with fake out, slippage, double fake out, choppy, whipsawed, 1 tick trapped and so on. Every market move, I'll learn to counter or redeem its attack with pullback, flipper, double entry attack. And I will defense myself from market with regular SL, hard SL, breakeven Stop, market diversification, tight SL. I also combo if I have the upper hand with Running Profit, Pullback entry, or final breath breakout entry. All rooted to only one simple move.... Wedge ...

So, if you think market is complicated, think again. Maybe it's us that make it looked complicated.

PS: Damn, the CL rally like hell after he broke the flat wedge. Run another 100cent. Fight Another Day :)

10 comments:

  1. De'Trader

    Wow, that's your kung fu on Wedges!
    ^_^

    I agree that trading itself is the reflection of our personality. It is not that the trading setups doesn't work, or the market is complicated, its us that make it looked complicated, can't work, all sorts of negativity.

    I couldn't be a sifu, i still have many uncertainties in life, I will need to work on my mental strength and the psychology part.

    While I first come to your blog I am attracted with your inspirational stories, like it very much! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Give me big encourage. When I first saw your blog, I knew at the right moment that you do it right and tidy. Your approach to market seemed very what is the word..elegant, grace and accurate, but also deadly. Maybe because you're female.

    I'm still doing the dirty work on trading. Stopped stopped stopped. Market range 10 ticks I lost 20 ticks.

    Love to see your blog too. If you can share what you think about market mentally or technically, that would be nice :)

    There's no certain in life. I know you know it. But I believe someday you can become a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    "So, if you think market is complicated, think again. Maybe it's us that make it looked complicated."

    Totally agree... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi FX,
    Thanks for coming. I hoped both of us can become a sucessful trader someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the story of Kungfu and Wedge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bruce lee once said (i think).. i'm afraid not of the man who practises 10,000 punches.. i am only afraid of the man who practises 1 punch 10,000 times..

    great understanding of trading there de'trader..

    i like this line alot.. "While his teacher smiled in the distance to see his student now become a champion."

    all mentors should be like his teacher.. :)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. RCM, jclee, FX,
    Tks for your comments.

    Bruce lee said that? Wow...very wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just dropped by, great story there De'Trader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Black, welcome to my humble blog :)

    ReplyDelete