Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Power of Visualization

Nett Profit : $30++

You know my objectives is to become a consistent profitable trader, no matter how small the profit is.

Despite the small profit I had Wednesday but the lesson I learned was very valuable.
Back of these days I kept reflecting myself, my weakness, my fault from trading. And that is the too big loss I took. And then I kept visualizing myself overthrough the obstacles. No matter how big, painful the cut loss is, I must get it done because it's like facing my own devil.

And Wednesday I had the opportunity to do that. The GS opposed my position and I executed with $150++ loss. My breath became heavier but I convinced I did the right thing. I kept focusing on taking small profit and when the time came, I got out with $8++ positive. And I took my new candidate RIMM into play and took another $22++.

So the lesson I learned from cutting loss early is valuable more than a $100 profit.
1. Cut loss early means no pain hot a** hoping the position to came back.
2. Cut loss early means easier steps to go into another trade.
3. Cut loss early means amputated your toxic limbs aka contracts before they poisoned and corroded your body aka accounts.

Of course most of the time the toxic positions would heal itself but why bothered? It took painful waiting time and affected our mental health.
And the worst thing is sooner or later, if you don't amputate your toxic limbs, it would toxicated your body and maybe killed you with only a single blow.

And here's the good news, the amputated limbs may generate and become a healthy one. So don't hesitate cutting loss. Of Course there's some possibility ( heavily depend on experience ) to let the losses healed. But it's quite difficult to do. Here's some hints

If your position against the market and losing, best thing to do is cut loss early.

No comments:

Post a Comment