Friday, February 11, 2011

After Almost One Week

Well, my trading result was not improve.

In fact it's become worse.

Now, it's affecting my psychologycal condition....

After one week of reflection, here's what I got. Actually it's always the same old wisdom but I will reflect this:

1. Analysis is merely futile. Before trading, I always had a mind what the market will be today. At first it's just about choppy or trending. But further more, it's become a bias. Then bias will affect my trading, whether it's undisciplined or missed opportunities.

2. Reasons behind moving price is also useless. Market will do whatever it will do. Information will be first known by Big Boy. Knowing an expired information will be harmful to trading.

3. Forget about picking top/bottom. It's worked sometimes. Bunt when it's not working, it will triple the pain than the joy of working.

4. DO NOT AFRAID OF CHOPPY MARKET. This is my greatest/biggest weakness on trading. On chopped market, I can't sustained the disciplined and pace. That's why I will do my best to avoid this kind of market. I was trashed by chopped oil, then I am afraid trading it again. The scared actually double with my action to overtrade. Why am I overtrade? Because I don't want to lose.

5. Stop Trading After Little Profit, Resume Trading After Consequtive Losses.
My downfall. I am afraid of giving back the profit to market. However, if I was losing, I will keep trading to get back my losses. This is ridicilous. I losed if the market was chopped. Chopped may continue until market close. The losses usually mounted. Meanwhile, I missed opportunities on good market, when they give 3-4 good swing. I am not there.

The three points above I used to have it. While now, after gaining more experience with the market, these points was gone. My subconscious mind kept giving me bias, or a bias may not only make you undiscipline, but also make you missed opportunities.

I really want to trade Crude Oil, I really do. But afraid of losing shadowed me. I can't stand stopped out 6 times in a row (-$600) losses before having a 60 cent movement to breakeven. This is not what I'm looking for trading. Another time, I don't want to enter it on first signal and it moved on the first try. Next time after the second failure, I entered with high hopes og higher probabilities, it's just stopped me ten times more.

I used to have great time on Crude Oil. I trade it, stopped 3-4 times, double the contract, breakeven or make profit. Someday it worked on first attempt and I'm done. But today's Crude Oil was strange for me. I can chopped dozens of time until market closed. But it often moved furiously. If I missed the trade, the I will chopped to death. That happen very often.

So yes, this Friday, I will trade Crude Oil. I don't care the result, I will trade it with my system. Don't care if it stopped me out 10 times, I just quit for the day.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, just answer your comment.
    About losses, that happens ... I have on the beginning of my blog some posts about how I start, losses, steps that you going to get when trading, etc.

    see u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq Julia,
    I'll look on ur old posts

    Hi TST,
    U're right, very very crude. Today's like hell. Smaller range with wide volatility

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Analysis is merely futile.
    yes, after getting burn of holding 2 ES overnight (I was 100% sure) I always start the day with a neutral mind with wait and see attitude.

    2) Reasons behind moving price is also useless.
    yes, know when news come out to stay out.

    3) Forget about picking top/bottom.
    yes, but do be aware of old high/old low.

    4) DO NOT AFRAID OF CHOPPY MARKET
    yes, great for sell top range/ buy bottom range just be aware of when range ends

    5) Stop Trading After Little Profit, Resume Trading After Consequtive Losses.
    just keep it steady and be aware of time of day, lunch time is slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tq cory for ur advice.

    Do u know how to use the toni's band? Some tips perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  5. tony calls out his trade just follow him, i dont have his bands as my style is horizon or diagonal lines only.

    ReplyDelete