Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday : Heavy Losses

Well, I attempted to act positive here. Actually I was rather mad with the market. With e-mini index rallied, how come all commodity like grains and oil fell like a brick? So I just waiting signal for long. Nothing suceed.



Anyway, today I was dissapointed with myself. I was disciplined and started with stopped out at exact ticks twice. Suddenly my killing spree persona broke out. I long every jiggle out there. Of course, there's no success.



On chopped market, I was bad. On trending market I was worse. I should never had a bias, on everything. A bias not just about directions. Also about choppy or trending. I had a bias that grains might chopped since E-Mini index rallied hard and Grains just wiggle around.



Today should be at least a green day. There's clear trends on every market. NQ up, Crude down, Grains down. How come I made big deposits today?



My bad habit is repeated over and over again. It's like I have vengeance with the market. It doesn't have to be like this. Should never trade crude oil today, no big volume. And then there's also ZERO Corelation between E-mini and Grains.



False moved start with the NQ: I actually chopped out three times, last stopped at the exact ticks. Cool Right? Then I gave up early while last trades should make a great gains (10 pts minimum)



I long Crude Oil, still disciplined. I got out very early. Since I thought my setup didn't appear, this was a bonus trade. Fine.



Waited for grains. also very disciplined. Buy, stopped, accident buy, stopped 1.75 pts....Short, stopped at exact tick, again. Buy, stopped out loosed and got out with 3 ticks more. Last short I managed to scratch. I mean, who dared to hold short with the E-mini this strong? I lookin for long.



Long story short, all my long was failed (d'uh) and this is when I got emotional and long almost every new low...sigh. Losses mounting and I can't stop until market closed. Result: loss almost $1000.



I was green int his profession. Very green. Experience actually not helping. It killing me. Expensive fee comin over and over again. This is not trading. This is misfortune all the way.



Wonder how I can be a successful trader if it happened all the time? There's no end with this cycle. You know where's my position in the cycle now? I was afraid to lose so I made little profit day by day. So little that my weekly profit easily wiped out with 4 consequtive Stop Losses. After my little profit, then come the contribution day. It's over and over again. Tired of this cycle.



Everything I did was plain wrong. Should never trade Crude Oil since it may tend to chop all day long (rarely). When it happened, prepares to lose $1000. Always stopped out 3 consequtive times on NQ since the 1st Day of NQ trading!!, then wrong time on grains, right time with wrong act. Wrong timing with EUR, always expecting losses with this symbol.


I was tired of everything. Lesson I learned was always be forgotten after lookin at the price. Impulsive trades plus bias always haunt me.

I ran out of profitable idea. Last Monday and Tuesday I was lost. But it's becaouse of chopped market. I can accept that. Today's it's trending. And I had bigger lost. Quit fighting the trends.

Plan for tomorrow:
1. No TRADES ON CRUDE OIL, unless there's green light on volume. This buggers really trapped my psychology. Especially Crude Oil, very2 tempting to overtrade.
2. Trade NQ after 10.00 EST. Always have lot of losses because of early chopped. 3. Also trading late on grains. Last 5 days there's almost no early surged. It's useless to trade on opening.
4. Currency? I'll trade it starting on London session.

There you go, hope it works...



3 comments:

  1. >I trade ZS with ease profiting day after day...

    back to ZS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DT...

    What kind of order you use to enter ? = stop or market ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cory,
    today's ZS should be okay. It's wrong with me.

    Hi TST,
    I used stop most of the time.

    ReplyDelete