Monday, February 14, 2011

My losses affect me.

I had discipline issue over and over again. I long soybeans on opening just to bust out very hard. Market rallied and I think it will followed like usual. Well no, the market just killed me in brief movement. Then I looked for long and long again. Until market stopped moving and I just losed my willing to trade. It's decent losses, and I just too scared continued and digging deeper hole on it.

Is it ok to stopped trading because afraid of can't control oneself?

2 comments:

  1. I read your last post and now this one ..
    Man you need to concentrate, follow your rules.
    About "Trade only with money that you can Afford To Lose" .. I think is exactly like that, because most of the traders are beginning and don't have a fucking idea how to trade, have no proper TS and a terrible Money Management, and most of them put money that are not able to loose and even so they are trading with no idea of what to do.

    Of course you losses will affect you, and I bet that you are thinking that the market is against you .. etc etc
    You need to focus, I know some guys that give up trade because they didn't have "auto control"
    Read that, I talk about some steps that you going throw when start to trade, and then in the middle, etc :
    http://fx-juliaclara.blogspot.com/2010/11/beginning.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Thanks for ur advice. I agree with u if u don't give rooms to wiggle losses, them u won't have chance.

    I think without Money Management, this whole profession even with Millions $$$ won't save you from bankrupt.

    All I want to say if there's proper kapital means I can afford to lose some of them without getting out of the game. 1% risks per trade for me is big enough.

    U're right about newbies that fired up the whole account on one trade, that's insane.

    Thanks for coming Julia, I definitely will looked at ur post.

    ReplyDelete