Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Capital Preservation

Here I am, ready to trade Crude Oil. Made Two Big Mistakes early:

1. Trade before pit session, actually it's only 3 min early but the impact was disastrous.


Early broadening wedge really killed my account very deadly. This kind of volatility actually might start of trending. I trade 3min just before the bell and the impact was horrible. Four Stops Out In A Row just 4 minutes span.

2. Impulsive Profit Taking as I was down quite big.

This mistakes really made me mad. I just took $400-ish losses and can't stand the heat, so I got out without warning. The price soared for 80+cents which is more than enough to cover my losses and ending the day. But I just took another signal that just mounting my Stop Loss to almost $1000!!!

Then I took 2 contracts on third signal ( the first two was failure) and lucky enough I could reduce losses. Another SL and Stopped Profit, and finally I got out on par on everything. ZS also helped me with additional profit.

So, I just knew crude can give me +60cents more profit today. But since I lost alot early, my objective was just Capital Preservation. Also I already missed one wave, already riding wave two, high chance I will be killed in wave 3.




In summary, Crude Oil was as usual, great trades. It's not very smooth, but really profitable on my system. In fact, there's only 2 days I backtested that quite dangerous in 2011. That's only 7% overall day to trade crude. In fact those two days also giving nice scalping profit if u're lucky enough.

I quite satisfied with my crude oil trades. Gaining my knowledge there like pullback followed with lower high. Also my ZS definitely strict to my system, it's profitable. No need to guess where the market went.

Just go to my coiledmarket link right on my blogs if you wanna know the Crude Oil System. It's workin like magic. Some guys won't have losing week in last 11 month trading it exclusively with averaging $6000 per contract per month!!!That's 200% from initial margin monthly. I just can't believe it's still work in wonder. Backtesting it over 2011 and it worked flawlessly. If I don't have my operation error today and yesterday(I was blown through my entry order), $400 each day is very reachable.

Tomorrow will be another day trading crude. Satisified with this symbol, and likely I will exclusively trading it.

ps: I had modified my system and it's just better, earlier signal, less chopped, just nice, the downside was wider stop loss. let's see how's the system worked tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment