Monday, March 28, 2011

Choppy Bottom


Another stellar result from CL. My order wasn't filled again. I couldn't afford missing the train, especially after hit sl multiple times. I set the order setting and my order from the bottom got fill. I didn't know why I trade at that level. I just saw the nice faked lower low followed with key reversal pattern. Lucky I was filled at the whole-buy entry. If I got the retail price, the chop was quite severe. I just hang on on my trade, adjust my Stop Loss higher and higher. The trick came from Pending Home Sales 10.00 EST. Price spiked up then retraced more than 50 cents. I almost stopped out (actually twice). Preparation : CL gapped down below last three days's low, weak. Light volume on down move.


Plan :
As usual fading the low if there's no big volume showed downtrend. Waited for faked lower breakout.

Discipline :
Not very discipline, I entered at whole-sale entry. Not much confirmation yet. However, my trade followed by key reversal the chopped and whipsawed. Exit of target price, no volume momentum there. The Cm Road Map too far up there at $106.20. If there's green bar, I will wait to breach those level. None so I got out. Planned to trade again if there's green bar. If not, end of day.

Hard Work :
I protected my order. The retail signal had massive chopped aka faked breakout. If I long the retail price, I will stopped out 2-3 times before price went up. There's no way I can make big profit from retail price. Price moved erraticaly touched the initial entry multiple times. The peak when price surged to 41 (near pit session opening) and dropped more than 50 cents in an instant, followed by one tick faked breakout at the low. Surely will stopped out there. Kept protecting my order from spiked stopped out, twice having the almost stopped out experience.

Communicating:
Feel free to comment :)

Evaluation:
Should wait till end of day

5 comments:

  1. as long as you make money no comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. profiting made me anxious. I am not profit with the right way. Too many discretion these days.

    Tks cory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems slow market is better for discretionary trading and for you DT :_)

    The good news 80% of the time CL like this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks TST,
    Discretion need more hardwork and top-notch discipline. I don't mind with the first one, but the second one, it's great challenge.

    Thanks for coming :)
    PS: ONE GOOD TRADE is a good book, it's different from others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tq DT for OGT reading suggestion. I shall read it page by page.

    ReplyDelete