Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Computer Crashed!!!



My PC made strange noise, like a knocking door sound. Fortunately it happened outside my trading time. I checked, unplugged some of my hardware to find out where's wrong. I am afraid my Motherboard busted, but there's hope since it still can boot, though it then restart with the strange noise. If my motherboard damaged, it's quite troublesome. My PC bought at 2008 with Core 2 Duo. Now everything seemed using i-Core. You know how it felt to buy an outdated product while the newer product have the same price? Though if I bought new product, then I had to replace my RAM and processor also.

Thank God, it's 'only' the Primary Hardisk. When I unplugged it, the sound dissapeared and the computer didn't restart. This is the second time this year my hardisk damaged (different computer) so I had enough with those technology. I decided to buy SSD :) No spinning stuff, much stronger than those ancient hdd. I looked at the price and, more than 10 times the HDD (same size). I can afford it, but I don't want having expensive stuff with no use. So I bought the 60GB. 32GB, the cheapest is too small. The price is even more expensive than 2TB HDD. But I will use it maybe until judgement day come. If I bought the HDD again, I'm sure it won't stand too long.

The problem not finish. I installed the empty SSD and...my Win7 DVD won't read. I had to find a new copy...sigh. The new copy had the SP1 in it. I didn't realized it, until I install NinjaTrader 6.5 and... IT DIDN'T RUN AT Win7 SP1...WTF!!! Trading time already came.

So I am not using Ninja Trader At All. I used thinkorswim which was lagging horribly. Without volume moemntum, whipsaw filter, 100 ticks, I just intended to long after inventory report. First entry stopped out at the very exact tick, and rarely I had positive slippage. Second entry I had good price at 58 and it never looked back at all. The CM Pattern showed at 106.02, I put my PT at 106.08...little greedy. Price then without many burden went up and touch the 106.03... I decided to get out at 94 since CM Pattern touched and there's no continuation. Gladly it is a very good decision.

I almost short at 85 since there's very nice key reversal there, but I doubt since I was trading without Ninja Trader. A very nice $700 profit there if I entered. No regret. I got out at PT and no more trading without my chart. Today I may not trade and IMO it's a good reason. But I can't stand aside since inventory day usually offered big reward. After touched the PT and reversed, I had no guidance where's my next PT. It's wise to stop until my Ninja Trader fixed.

I will re-installed the win7 without the Sp1. I can't convert the indicator to Ninja 7.0, End of trade today.

3 comments:

  1. Western Digital is the better HD brand..i use it at home. 2 my office computers crashed due to OEM HD problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Crashed HDD was Western Digital, lol..
    Then I used it as external HDD it was ok eventually.

    ReplyDelete