Thursday, March 3, 2011

Decided Not To Push My Luck

Chopped out early for -$1400 (I should working on my system again), then sudden downtrend with 2 contracts, bailed out one, still -$950. All position stopped out, then mostly par-fight with static performance. Until second downwave with 2 contracts. Bailed out one contract leaved with -$750...Remaining contract almost stopped out with small profit, but I hanged on. Painfully wait until I flat out with +$132...Then I just scalping here and there until it reached +$275.

The losses was massive beyond my power. Played it defensively means stopped out a lot and missed the lightning moves. You played take and give all day, hoping to get the jackpot until when it moved, you missed the train. Once I got 6 cents slippage...2 or 3 cents, commonly happened.

My system not helping me avoid chopped. And besides, playing defensively is a sure way being stopped out. If price moved 15-20cents my way, it's very normal to move the SL at least to breakeven. But what happened? It touch ur breakeven 3-4times in a row. It's hard to re-entry after stopped out since price was lightning fast.

I must tweak my setup since the chopped may plain horrible. I will include the EMA, since market very likely to chop at flat EMA, so no trade inside it..unless it's make inside bar a lot.

Decide to stop trading since I already being given lucky. Managed to make green from -$1400 to +$275 means I made +$1675 max today.

3 comments:

  1. De'Trader,

    I got whipped around today -$270, also looking for that nice break out.

    Nice profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, and now it breaks out! I'm still flat, I took my loss for the day. I don't want to give back all my profit from the 1st and 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DUane,
    Nice to hear that...good luck :)

    ReplyDelete