Friday, March 4, 2011

Misfortune and Operator Error

The misfortune: I held 2 contracts and suddenly price spiked down with 15 cents slippage. I was long and stopped out with violence.

Operator Error: -$2000 realized profit with 2 long CL contracts remain. I waited and waited with patience and pain looking the price just 10cents my stop order. Waiting more than 2 hours, tempting with double top and lower low...finally it moved up again. Then the thought coming to got out one contract near the duble top. Transmit the order, price moved lower...so I took new order without cancelling the previous one. Suddenly both of mine filled, and lastly I had -$579

This week I made nett -$88, losed all my weekly gain in one day. Today I made two undiscipline trades despite my frustration after those huge slippage. Both of them failed miserably

Actually my gross profit are $690 with commission $780...So I just working for my broker. Tired and frustrating.

The result was not so bad, but the mental suffering is greatlypainful. Working all weeks without gains plus losed it all on Friday made me mad and angry. I really categorized today is purely misfortune. Slipped out for -$370, losing temper for another -$300, and made my week in red.

The bottom losses reach another record for -$2000. I used my new mthods, it's worked good. But the timing really miserable. Next time, I'll perfect those setup.. This is not good. One day, I will drained to the sewer with my big losses.

3 comments:

  1. how about a chart with your new super duper fast spike volume indicator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. De'Trader,

    Take the weekend to reset mentally/emotionally; turn your red into green with a clear mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cory,
    the volume chart is working, but the implementation is really hard. Looked at Austin, he had trouble with this last 2 days Crude Oil too, lol.

    Hi Duane,
    Thanks for the advice. Definitely have to do that. Let's hope Next time Oil won't crazy as this week.

    ReplyDelete